Or, the Bravo Girl - A feminist analysis
a friend in Munster, I noticed under mysterious circumstances the first Bravo Girl for years in his hands. At first it was quite funny to scroll still in the childhood memories, but after a while I could not believe what I was actually held in his hands. Admittedly, of course, I have the Bravo Girl then read it. I've read all the magazines in the target group, I fell. I was and am a junkie. And I fit right into the audience. At first I was Bravo Reader, then Bravo Girl, then the Sugar and then (at last) the Brigitte Young Miss. And I'm not great at that time thought about what to teach me the magazines. I found the Young Miss in the end more interesting.
Of course I am also aware that interested in girls at the age of 12 or 13 (for the most part) for boys, unsure, do not know if they are too thick or too thin, and so on and so forth . If you look at so many women's magazine, see Staring, one might even think that women are interested in mid-30s for men, unsure, do not know if they are too thick or too thin ... But enough of that
I then bought a special edition of Bravo Girl (yes, for analysis purposes, I supported this editorial too). Issue No. 4 (02/02/2011) So I've read. Being read very well, not really necessary. Because even on the title made me realize what it has to go in life: how wars SEE A FRIEND! Just another issue on the title: WHEN ARE YOU GUYS FOR ... a bitch (!)? Too fat? A nerd? Annoying?
the magazine I had not even opened, I was sitting in disbelief on the train and asked me if that was really joking. About 50 percent of the title issues that concern with the topics guys and look! And not in a way that the girls explains that YOU have to feel good, but that it should please the guys. Otherwise, they get off so no. And that seems to be a huge disaster.
follow overviews After the first seven pages about style as famous girls in order to please their boyfriends and how to imitate. Seven pages! With such helpful hints such as "! Just not too sexy," "When little boys wear flat shoes" (when of course with great heel - are those paragraphs, it does not, then I would have to wear ...). And Justification for the high heels for instance, is: ".. so it does not need to stoop." What?! So he does not bend down? If the boy likes the girl and the girl is very small, then he bends down already volunteered to kiss her, which you can trust me again. Another tip: "Ash (Ashley Greene) pays very fact that they do not aufgetusst looks like." Pooh finds you before me, they would look aufgetusst ... then the boy they would probably not be more like it! Jeans guys by the way broken signal that you are Unzicker, guys love to hate dark looks and natural hairstyles. Moreover, it is embarrassing guys, with a Girl who is attracted to loud, run around and Bravo Girl shears also not ever all men over a comb and the world is flat.
In the next article, I know what guys are good or terrible. When I had it not already seven pages earlier experienced enough. I will explain when you are too thick or too thin. When guys call me a nerd or think that I'm not sexy. I do not mind giving to teenage girls a few survival tips for the journey. But this article shows the readers that they have to be just sexy. Although the Bravo Girl writes that girls do not have to be mega slim. You could also a great way, a "mega-style clothes (but not too loud or dark ...) or a sexy voice have appeal. Nevertheless, the girls somehow be sexy! I read this paragraph and that is what bothers me. The first pages of the magazine put much pressure on young girls. Instead of showing them what they can do for good, they are told what the other girls and how they correct this "role" can also accept.
right funny it is then in the "Tips to shyness. Here I only a few pages will continue to say that I should stop comparing myself to other. Bravo love Girl, I am indeed already 27 years old and long gone in puberty, but even I'm confused! What should I do now? To be like the stars, me "Custom style of the boy clothes" or the rather do something completely different?
Here the information about what guys do to clothes in what I look advantageous, how can I recognize the right and what makes me to dream girlfriend. And I rouse the magazine in the corner and I call on you girls out there:
craps on such nonsense! Be colorful, gaudy silk, satin dark, silky 're sexy, nerdy, semi-wild or well-behaved, are tussig or sporty! Just be the way you want to be! Take no account of guys who say that it is embarrassing to them, with garishly dressed girls walking around. That there are people who try to sell you something as truth, that's embarrassing!
Read what you want, but read it carefully. And if her such things as read the above, then you just think 'the spin well! Try the make-up tips, if you want. Bagged the extras one learns or how to read from her hand. But please do not believe anything as cheesy as pink-purple-in magazine rack standing around.
Edit (see comments):
Edit II: On textandcrime it shall also worth reading your posts on topic.
| |
| weheartit both images via weheartit |
0 comments:
Post a Comment